Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Keep Pushing

This addition to the blog is about how I totally thought I was done with an image but with a little push from one of my teachers went back and worked on it a little more. I really thought this photo was one of my best works yet and was leery about trying to change it. After studying it for awhile I started to see the light(literally). I saw the light coming in from the window and illuminating the chair and snow then moving over to the bed and closet door behind it. I thought why not high light this by adding another darker layer in Photoshop then erasing the light area so it appears brighter. Wow nice effect! Now I'm done?! Nope,  after studying it a little more and wondering if I could it get any more dramatic looking I came up with adding more detail it only the lit area. I did this with a software program called Topaz Labs Detail. This software program boosts detail with out over sharpening. I made a new layer, got the detail the way I liked and then placed the layer under the light mask layer so only the lit area got the detail boost. Bam! Much more dramatic shot! Thank you Manol for that shove in the right direction to go back and reevaluate my image. Below are the before and after shots:

Before
After

 Now to go back and analyze some of my other shots.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a beautiful image. I love the subtly of color and the forlorn look of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Image Joe. You did great work on your Images from Gary. It makes me want to go back and shoot some more there too.

    ReplyDelete